Sunday, June 07, 2009

Through the Windows at the ICA, Boston


Through the Windows at the ICA, Boston
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

Yesterday I went to Boston with my cousins to see the Institute for Contemporary Art. We saw the Shephard Fairey exhibit (which is really interesting), as well as some of the other shows and videos. The ICA brings in really strong exhibits, but the building itself is a work of art.  It is set right on the ocean, on the Boston waterfront, and really uses the setting as part of the architecture.  As you walk in, around, and through the building, you suddenly come across views of the ocean, always dramatically framed by the architecture. For example, yesterday I came out of a darkened exhibit space right into this bright corridor and saw this view of the ocean. I was interested in the way the geometry of the windows was at play with the perspective of the view, so I took some pictures.  This one was the best of them.  Tonight I cropped it to get this composition.

1 comment:

Minka said...

Great capture! I hope to one day figure out how to retrieve my photos from my phone.