Friday, August 14, 2009

MFA Banner (Posterized)


MFA Banner (Posterized)
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

Today's adventure was a trip into Boston to see a show at the Museum of Fine Arts: paintings of Veronese, Titian, and Tintoretto. I took advantage of the offer of an extra ticket, and took the train into Boston to see this show, and just in time, too, because it is about to close. I really enjoyed the exhibit! You can't take photos in the museum, but as I was leaving, I turned back and took a picture of the front of the building, including the banner that shows part of one of the paintings. Tonight I cropped the original photo to get this composition (also cropping the banner to get a family-friendly image). Once I had the composition I wanted, I noticed that the tree looked dry and bedraggled, so I opened the image in Painter and used some digital chalk, color overlay, and the magic wand tool to add some green. Then I posterized the image, and added a very pale green overlay to entire surface. This is my favorite image of the day because it manages to include the art exhibit, the beauty of the museum, and the excitement of being in Boston.

No comments: