Monday, August 17, 2009

View of Zakim Bridge from the Train


View of Zakim Bridge from the Train
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

Here is one more photograph from last Friday's trip into Boston. I try to photograph this bridge whenever I get a chance (which usually means whenever I have the opportunity to be in the passenger's seat on a trip to Boston, and taking pictures of a bridge from a moving car is not easy!) But Friday, I took the commuter rail into Boston, and the train's path is just below the bridge. The train moves at a nice slow pace as it approaches North Station. This gave me the opportunity to take pictures of the bridge from a different vantage point. The reflection of the train's windows created a diagonal across the top of the photo, geometric and yet somehow magical, like the Zakim Bridge itself.

No comments: