Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Heart Shaped Box as of September 23, 2009


Heart Shaped Box as of September 23, 2009
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

I went to the studio this morning to work on this project, a heart-shaped box that I am covering with collage and decoupage made from printed metallic ribbons. The box once was the container for a Mother's Day present. Today I concentrated on the predominantly red interior of the box. This area is slow going because I am looking for bits of intense red, and the pieces I am finding are very small. But I kept at it, and am seeing progress. As I worked on that, I came across some little bits of gold ribbon, which I used to fill in some of the gaps around the perimeter of the box (predominantly gold area). At this point, I am happy to announce that almost all the gaps in the gold area are filled in, and the only remaining gaps are extremely small, some of them so small that I plan to fill them with gold paint. I also did a little bit of work on the inside of the box top, which I am covering with a pink, fuscia, and orange print that "reads" as pink.

No comments: