Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Just Hydrangea


Just Hydrangea
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

For the past few weeks, I have been admiring these flowering shrubs whenever I walk past them, which happens fairly often. I thought they were something we used to call "snow ball bushes" when I was growing up back in Colorado. But recently the flowers started to turn pink, so I suspect they are a kind of hydrangea. I took some pictures of them yesterday. Tonight when I tried to crop the original photo, I realized that there was no good way to crop out the house that was in the background. (I try not to post pictures of private homes without permission.) So instead I opened the image in Painter and used some digital airbrush to cover up the house and create a plain background. Then I cropped the image, and here it is, just hydrangea. I also created a posterized version, which I plan to post tomorrow.

No comments: