Monday, October 19, 2009

Golden Berries (Posterized Photo)


Golden Berries (Posterized Photo)
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

On a recent walk at the Cummings Center Pond, I was admiring the fall colors and taking a lot of photos. Then I realized that I had used up the battery in my digital camera. Rats! Although I was out of battery, I was not out of scenery. But I remembered my blackberry pearl and used my cell phone camera to take a few more photos. This image began with one of those cell phone photos, an attempt at a close view of beautiful golden berries that I almost overlooked as I walked past. As it came out of the camera, the original photo needed a little help with focus and contrast. So I opened the image in Painter and adjusted the contrast. Then I used some digital pastel to clean up a few torn leaves, and posterized the image. The final step was cropping to get this composition. I am glad I was resourceful and remembered to use my cell phone. I almost missed this photo, and I am glad I didn't. In the chaos and rush of daily life, it is easy to miss the little golden moments. But it pays to keep looking. . . .

No comments: