Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Heart Shaped Box as of November 1, 2009 (Top and Bottom)


Heart Shaped Box as of November 1, 2009 (Top and Bottom)
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

On Sunday I went to the studio to work on this project, a heart-shaped box that I am covering with collage and decoupage. (The box once held a Mother's Day gift from my daughter, and the printed metallic ribbons that I am using were given to me by a friend. ) I only had about an hour to work, so I started with the bottom of the box. This is going to have floral areas around the outer edge, but the center area will be brown. The idea is to have the bottom of the box mirror (but not replicate) the design on the top (also in the photo). I am trying to do the center first, because I don't know if I will have enough brown pieces. Cutting and pasting pieces of brown ribbon might not sound like a compelling way to spend time, but I did enjoy myself. I also did a little work on the inside of the box, so there might be another photograph of this project tomorrow.

No comments: