Friday, December 11, 2009

Metallic Menorah


Metallic Menorah
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

I recently got the upgrade to Painter 11. (I am counting it as a Chanukah present.) I needed to upgrade that so I can run Snow Leopard on my Mac. I have been using it for the past few weeks, but haven't had much time to explore. Tonight I decided to try out the pattern pen. All the patterns I made in Painter 9.5 have disappeared, so I will need to recreate them or make new ones. So I decided to work with the ready-made patterns that come with the computer. I thought I would sketch a menorah since Chanukah starts tonight. I used the pattern pen for the menorah, with a pattern that looked metallic. I used the same pattern loaded with pastel for the candles, and then drew in the flames with digital pastel. I like this funny little menorah, although I am not sure it is finished. . . .

No comments: