Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Rising Sun on Woods and Snow (Oil Bar Painting Day 1)


Rising Sun on Woods and Snow (Oil Bar Painting Day 1)
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

Here is another oil bar painting in progress as it looked on Day 1 (which was yesterday, December 21). I had two goals: rough in the composition, and avoid running out of white paint! For reference, I am using a photograph that I took a few years ago (also called "Rising Sun on Woods and Snow" and posted on this site on March 26, 2007.) I have three oil bar paintings in process at the moment because I am painting for a show in January, and hope to show six paintings (one of which I already completed last year). Now that I have a new studio set-up at home, I am trying to make up for lost time. I am trying to get all the paintings roughed in early to maximize drying time, and then go back and add detail. Most of the paint goes on at the beginning, at least the way I paint it does. . . .

No comments: