Thursday, March 18, 2010

Quick Purple Crocus (Five Minute Sketch)


Quick Purple Crocus (Five Minute Sketch)
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

Recent rainstorms caused a flood in the basement, so life has been hectic. Today the basement needed to be cleared out for drying. The day seemed so busy and stressful that I didn't think I would have a chance to make art today. But art every day means art every day, so I decided to do a five-minute drawing on the computer. Tonight I sat down and drew this little sketch using Painter's digital pastel. Then I posterized the image and cropped it to get this composition. All done, less than five minutes, but it was five minutes that made a big difference to me. When I find myself thinking that life is too busy and too stressful to make art, that means that I really need to make art!

No comments: