Sunday, April 18, 2010

Little Bouquet (Digital Print)


Little Bouquet (Digital Print)
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

Recently, scheduled deadlines have been colliding with unexpected events, making for crunch time this weekend. But art is a priority for me, so I decided to take a little time out to create an image, even if I could only spare twenty minutes. I opted for digital art (no set-up, no clean up). I opened a new file in Painter and chose the pattern pen tool. The pattern I used (posted here on April 2) was made from a digital sketch called "Little Digital Bouquet," made on my son's iPod (and posted here March 26). Tonight I used a great big pattern pen loaded with digital pastel in pink, and made three or four strokes. Then I added a color overlay in blue, and posterized the entire image. After that, I cropped the result several times until I had this composition. The entire process took about fifteen minutes. (This isn't a print, but I call these posterized patterns "digital prints" because the look like prints to me. Anyway, I am happy with the image, and even happier that I managed to capture some time to make art, even on a very busy day.

No comments: