Thursday, May 27, 2010

Beach Roses at Obear Park


Beach Roses at Obear Park
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

This is a photograph that I took today during a walk at Obear Park, a neighborhood park that is on the water, one of several here in Beverly, MA. Today the beach roses were blooming, and there are lots and lots of them at Obear Park, some pink and some white. (These are roses that grow near the ocean, and although everyone around here calls them beach roses, they are also called rosa rugosa.) Well, I had to take some pictures, of course. This picture is cropped from one of the photos I liked best. I could have focussed only on the flowers, but I wanted to include a little bit of the sand and the ocean in the image.

1 comment:

Minka said...

We call them rosa rugosa up here. They have huge rose hips which I guess makes a great tea.
Love, Mindy