Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Digital Flower Montage


Digital Flower Montage
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

Here is just one more version of the "Little Digital Flower" pattern! On May 5, I posted a digital image made with Painter's pattern pen loaded with this pattern. I liked colors and shapes that I produced when I posterized the pattern. But I wasn't at peace with the composition, no matter how I cropped it. I even tried color overlays on the background, but nothing was working. So about a week later (May 12), I decided to make a digital montage, using Painter's tools to copy and paste pieces of the original image into a brand new one. That way, I was able to arrange pieces of the pattern to create a composition that I liked a little better. I have been meaning to post this, and finally got around to it tonight.

No comments: