Saturday, May 29, 2010

Edy at Poker Game (Posterized and Colorized Photo)


Edy at Poker Game (Posterized and Colorized Photo)
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

A few weeks ago, I came across a great little snapshot in an old album. The picture included my mom, my dad, my grandmother, my aunt, and several family friends, at the dining room table playing poker. (My Uncle Bob was the photographer.) I was raised in a household with an extended family: my grandmother, my parents, my aunt and uncle, and my cousin. (I like to say that I was raised by a committee. People think I am kidding, but it is true.) Well, I found the snapshot of the poker game before Mother's Day, and used that group shot to create a portrait of my mother. (I cropped out my mom's image, changed the background, and then made colorized and posterized versions of the image, posted here on May 8 and 9.) Yesterday I returned to the group snapshot, and captured the image of my aunt. Then I opened the image in Painter, where I used digital pastel to simplify the background, and then colorized and posterized the image. Today I used the result as part of a card to wish my Aunt Edy a happy birthday. She said it would be alright to post this image, so here it is.

No comments: