Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Lembrancas do Porto (Revision)


Lembrancas do Porto (Revision)
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

This is a revised version of the image I posted two days ago, a digital sketch of Porto that I made on my iPad with the Brushes app. This little drawing is from my imagination and from my memories of visits to Portugal. Of course, very soon after I posted the original sketch, I wanted to revise it! (I was concentrating so hard on learning to use Brushes that I lost my perspective, and I mean that literally. The perspective was wrong.) I needed to fix the shape of the river bank on the right side, but I didn't know how hard it would be to do that in Brushes. Tonight I decided to find out. And the answer? It was easy to fix! As a bonus, I also rediscovered that Brushes creates a little "movie" of each drawing: you can play the little movie and watch your drawing take shape before your eyes! I wonder if there is a way to post it here. Meanwhile, here is the revised version of my sketch of the Douro River in Porto.

No comments: