Saturday, August 07, 2010

New Hampshire Field (Digitally Modified)


New Hampshire Field (Digitally Modified)
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

Here is one more souvenir from my recent trip to Concord, NH, to attend a plein air workshop with my cousin. Just after leaving the art school, I spotted a farm field just around the corner. I thought the scene was beautiful. This might be nostalgia for Kansas, or perhaps the afterglow of a painting class. (For about an hour after I paint or draw, I tend to see everything around me in terms of composition, color, texture.) In any case, I liked the scene so I took some pictures. I liked the colors, the composition of hills and field, and the patterns in the rows of crops and in the farm machinery. Tonight I edited the original photo. In addition to cropping and adjusting the contrast, I used Painter's digital airbrush to take out one low-lying wire that was spoiling the composition. (I left the remaining three wires because they echo the linear pattern in the field.)

No comments: