Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Red Sun Setting


Red Sun Setting
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

We went to Obear Park last night to walk the dog. The waterfront parks here in Beverly, MA, don't allow dogs until after 7:30 PM during the summer. So it was around 7:45 when we got there, and the sunset was amazing! The colors in the sky and on the water were beautiful, and the sun was a bright red circle in the sky! Of course, I tried to photograph that, but the effect is hard to photograph because the sun's light is too strong for the camera. But in this photo, the bright red color is still visible as a ring around the sun. (Maybe tomorrow I can use digital editing to reproduce that red sun in the photo.) I often saw bright red suns in Colorado sunrises and sunsets. Although I have never been able to capture a bright red sun in a photograph, I love red suns and often put them in my paintings of mountains. (For example, see my painting "Red Mountain Range" posted here July 22, 2005, or just search my images for "red sun".)

No comments: