Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Afternoon Sun on Blueberry Leaves (Digitally Modified)


Afternoon Sun on Blueberry Leaves (Digitally Modified)
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

Earlier this week, I was in the kitchen around 5 PM, starting to organize dinner. It had been raining, but the sun was out. I looked out the back window and saw the late afternoon light on the blueberry bushes, so I went outside with my camera. I took some pictures from the back deck, looking down on the bushes, with the flagstone on the patio as background. Tonight I cropped this image out of the best of the photos. Then I opened the image in Painter and used digital pastel to do some digital gardening, getting rid of some grass and weeds in the flagstone. I also eliminated some of the cracks entirely in a few places so that the leaves would show up more clearly. So the gray background has been fiddled with, but I didn't touch the leaves. They are just as they looked as they came straight out of the camera.

No comments: