Monday, October 04, 2010

Chimneys in Northern Ireland (Pastel Sketch Posterized)


Chimneys in Northern Ireland (Pastel Sketch Posterized)
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

Every time I open the photo browser in my computer, one of the first images that comes up is a sketch that I called "Chimneys in Northern Ireland". And every time I see it, I wonder what it would look like posterized, or as a woodcut. Tonight I decided to find out. I drew the sketch back in 2005 when I was visiting Belfast. I used pastel sticks and worked from memory to draw the houses I had been seeing during the trip, especially those in Belfast as well as Bangor, NI. The original version of the sketch is posted here (June 20, 2005). Tonight I used Painter to posterize the original image, and then cropped it a bit, and the result is what you see here. I also used Painter to create a digital woodcut from the same image, and I plan to post that here tomorrow.

No comments: