Wednesday, October 27, 2010

October at Bradley Palmer (Posterized)


October at Bradley Palmer (Posterized)
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

Yesterday I took a walk at Bradley Palmer State Park in Topsfield, Massachusetts. The foliage was wonderful, but I had forgotten to bring my digital camera. So I took a picture with my cell phone (posted here yesterday). I was glad to have the image because it had potential, but it needed a little help. So tonight I opened the image in Painter, adjusted the exposure, and then posterized it. The blue sky had been washed out by the camera, so I corrected that with some color overlay; while I was at it, I used a little color overlay on some of the foliage that had been washed out by the exposure. Then I cropped the image again, and here it is. Although this a digitally manipulated image, it is actually closer to what I saw than the photo that I took with my cell phone!

No comments: