Friday, December 31, 2010

Boston Clock Tower (Digital Woodcut)


Boston Clock Tower (Digital Woodcut)
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

Today is the last day of 2010, so I was looking for a clock image to post. I searched my photos and found a picture that I took back in May of the big clock tower in Boston (Custom House Tower). I was hoping to find a night time shot, but the original image was taken in the afternoon. But art can sometimes triumph over time, so I opened the image in Painter to see what I could do. I cropped the image to focus attention on the clock. Then I used some digital pastel to move the hands of the clock. I used the magic wand tool and the paint bucket tool to change the sky from sky blue to dark purple. Then I added a pink overlay. After that, I posterized the image, and then made a digital woodcut from that. I did one final crop and here is my image, which I will use to wish my friends and family safe and happy celebrations tonight, and all the best in 2011.

No comments: