Friday, December 10, 2010

Boston Near South Station


Boston Near South Station
Originally uploaded by randubnick

Here is an image to match the today's gloomy skies. This is a photograph that I took back on November 5 during a trip into Boston (a South Station run.) The sky was gloomy, like today, but sometimes there's a kind of luminosity in that kind of light, if you look hard. I was in the passenger seat as we left South Station for the ride home, so I got out my camera. I took advantage of a red light to snap a couple of photographs through the windshield. I liked the composition and the light in this image, but the focus was a little too soft. Today I used both iPhoto and Painter to edit this shot, adjusting both the exposure and the focus. I also put a little bit of color overlay in a small area of the sky.

No comments: