Sunday, December 26, 2010

Snowy Drive (Posterized Photo)


Snowy Drive (Posterized Photo)
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

The weather forecast that predicted snow beginning at noon was revised to snow starting around 6 PM, so plans were revised to fit in a movie. By the time the movie was over, it was already snowing. (This is a little nothing compared to the snowstorm that is happening right now, but still, it was pretty.) I was in the passenger seat for the ride home, so I took out my iPhone and took lots of pictures, almost all of them while the car was moving. Tonight I cropped this composition out of one of the best photos. I used Painter to posterize some areas of the photo, using the "magic wand" tool. I also used some digital pastel and cut and paste to obscure a pole that was leaning so badly that it created a distraction. But I left the wires in the photo because I like the way they look.

No comments: