Friday, January 07, 2011

Driving at Dusk


Driving at Dusk
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

I had to take my car in for repairs on Wednesday. It was late afternoon by the time I got the call that it was ready. The dealership is over in Danvers, a far shlep, but I have a Saturn so I don't have a lot of choices left for major repairs. On the ride back to the dealership to pick up my car, I was in the passenger's seat. It was almost 4:30 PM, and traffic was nearly at a standstill on 128. To kill time, I decided to get out my iPhone camera because the sky was amazing and because I thought it would be a good opportunity to try out another new iPhone app (well, new to me). This one is called Hipstamatic, and like the Camerabag app, it emulates other cameras, including vintage and toy. But it works differently than Camerabag because you choose emulations of film, flash, and lens before you shoot, rather than applying effects afterward as in Camerabag. Being stuck in traffic gave me time try out some of the lens and film choices, so I took lots of photos between Route 128 and Route 114. This one was probably the best of the lot. I used the "John S" lens, no flash, and the film was Kodot Xgrizzled.

No comments: