Friday, February 18, 2011

Heart Shaped Box as of February 17, 2011


Heart Shaped Box as of February 17, 2011
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

This is a collage and decoupage project, a heart-shaped box that I am covering with decoupage and collage created with printed metallic ribbon. This project is still in progress, but it is almost finished. Yesterday I finally completed the red area (floor of the interior) by filling the remaining gaps with bits of red-orange ribbon. So now all the collage and decoupage is basically done, and the cutting and pasting is finished. (There are still some very tiny gaps I will fill with paint and a tiny brush.) So there is only one more major step, one more surface left to cover: the interior of the box top. I have decided to just paint it with gold-colored acrylic paint. That way, the box will close easily and I can avoid wear and tear of friction between two collaged surfaces. Then I will also paint any exposed edges, too. Painting is much faster than pasting bits of ribbon, so this last part should go quickly, and I am very nearly done.

No comments: