Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Necklace with Chinese Jade and Purple Beads


Necklace with Chinese Jade and Purple Beads
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

I didn't plan to make jewelry today, but I was standing in my studio contemplating the huge amount of snow on the roof over my head, and noticed a small paper bag with some beads I bought last year. I saw the purple wooden beads in the bag, and I immediately remembered that I bought them to combine with Chinese jade. At that point, I was waiting around to answer the door (people coming with ladders to clear some snow off the gutters), so I decided to see if I could put a necklace together while I waited. So I laid the beads out on the design board, and started tying knots. Before you know it, I had snow cleared off the roof, worries gone, and a necklace finished.

No comments: