Saturday, March 26, 2011

Pink Lady Apples


Pink Lady Apples
Originally uploaded by randubnick

Yesterday I bought a bag of apples at the grocery store. They were on sale, and looked great. Besides, I liked the sign: Pink Lady apples, (also known as Cripps Pink, which was how the bag of apples was tagged.) "The Pink Lady" was a notorious night club in my home town, with a big neon sign on an old highway on the outskirts of Pueblo, Colorado. References to the infamous "Pink Lady" peppered the conversations among older high school students hoping to sound like they were 'in the know', even if they had never actually set foot in the place.) So the name made me laugh, which clinched the sale, and I bought the Pink Lady apples. Today they looked so good in the colander that I took a picture with my iPhone camera. Tonight I used iPhoto to crop this composition out of the original photograph.

No comments: