Thursday, March 17, 2011

Pink Sky Pink Ocean (Oil Bar Painting Day 6)


Pink Sky Pink Ocean (Oil Bar Painting Day 6)
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

I had a chance to work on this painting this morning. I am just beginning to feel like I might be on the right track. I have always been fascinated by the way the sky changes color or can seem to be several colors at once. And of course, the ocean reflects the colors in the sky while its own color shows through. Add the colors of twilight and you get a pretty complicated problem, or at least it seems complicated to me. Now that the basic composition is blocked in, I am using the reference photo (a picture that I took from Beverly's Lynch Park at twilight) to understand what is going on with the colors and shapes. (I posted a copy of the reference photo here last night.) This is detailed work, and slow going, but I feel like it is going to pay off.

No comments: