Friday, April 15, 2011

Path to the Beach (Posterized)


Path to the Beach (Posterized)
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

I am thinking about trying to fit in one more oil bar painting for my show in Beverly Farms, but timing is very tight. (The show starts May 1.) For a few weeks now, I have had an image in mind for another painting, a photo that I took a few years ago of a path that leads to the beach at Lynch Park, here in Beverly. (I posted a version of the photo here back on July 21, 2007.) Today I used Painter to posterize and crop that photo to see if I could come up with a good composition and the image you see here is the result. I think this would work for a painting, though I might modify the placement of some elements just a bit. Although life is busy enough, and I need to work on getting art ready to hang, I will probably try to start another painting to see how far I can get with it.

No comments: