Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Still Amazed (Oil Bar Painting Day 6)


Still Amazed (Oil Bar Painting Day 6)
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

This is an oil bar painting in progress, a picture of the sunset over the water. I am working from a photograph that I took last summer, a picture that I took last August of an amazing sunset. The vantage point was Obear Park here in Beverly, MA, looking west. (The reference photo is also posted here, March 28). I am still refining the basic composition, but today I also started working on the colors and shapes in the cloud formation and in the sky. I added some subtle diagonals to the cloud formation, and modified the colors to make the rays of sunlight seem to blend into the sky. It is a challenge to paint this scene because it needs to look amazing and believable at the same time!

No comments: