Sunday, June 19, 2011

Daddy's Girl

Daddy's Girl by randubnick
Daddy's Girl, a photo by randubnick on Flickr.

Well, it is Father's Day, so of course my dad has been on my mind. This image began with one of my favorite family photos, taken by my uncle, Ike Fitterman. (My uncle was a professional photographer who worked under the name Jay Phillips, and he took many wonderful pictures of our family.) Tonight I used my iPhone camera to snap a quick picture of the original photo that is hanging on my wall. Once I got the image into my computer, I cropped it to get this composition, and then used color overlays and then posterized it, experimenting until I got the level of posterized effect that I wanted. I got the image back into iPhoto and did one more crop to get this final image, which is very much a collaboration with my Uncle Ike. And working on this image gives me a way to spend a little time with my dad on Father's Day, because I am still my Daddy's girl.

No comments: