Saturday, September 03, 2011

Chicken Collage Day 6 (Sept 3 2011)

Today I went to the studio and worked on this collage for a while. This is going to be an image of a chicken, done in patterns. I got this idea while looking at the beautiful little chickens at Long Hill Gardens here in Beverly, MA. (In the photo I posted last night, you can see all the patterns in their feathers.) So I resumed work on the tail today. Last time I worked on this collage, I had run out of the orange and white paper I was using, cut from a pet store bag , but yesterday I bought some dog food, so I had another bag with me this morning. (Thank you, "Unleashed" by Petco.) So I finished the orange lines that suggest the structure of the tail feathers, and then added the five white squares with black circles. I liked the way that looked, but wasn't sure what to do next. I tried out a few ideas with pieces of paper, but I didn't paste anything else down. So I decided to stop for the day, and give myself a chance to look at what I have so far and think about what to do next.

No comments: