Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Colorado Sketchbook To Snowmass

This is another sketch taken from a small (5 x 8 inch) sketchbook that I took along on a trip to Colorado, back in the 1980s. I used pencil to capture quick impressions of the landscape, very quick because I was a passenger in a moving car at the time. The writing on this one says "To Snowmass". This sketchbook recently resurfaced, and I am working on a set of multimedia drawings based on these sketches. Today I scanned this drawing in to the computer, and did a little retouching to get rid of some stray marks. I printed out a copy that I will use (tomorrow, I hope) to transfer the image, using graphite paper, to a new sketchbook. After that, I will start draw back into the image with conte crayon, fine-line marker, and colored pencil.

No comments: