Saturday, December 10, 2011

New Hampshire Sunset (Digitally Modified Photo)

Yesterday I posted a photograph that I took during a recent drive up to New Hampshire, a view of the moon over the water. I took the picture through the car window on the passenger side. But the view through the driver's side window was even better, an intense sunset reflected in the water. I wanted to photograph it, but it was impossible to get a clear shot. The the view was obscured by the steering wheel, the transponder, and the Garmin on the dashboard. But I decided to try anyway, and took some pictures. Tonight I opened the most promising of those photos in Painter. I did a basic crop to define an area in the background that I wanted. After I resized the image, I used cut-and-paste as well as digital pastel to obscure the Garmin, which was overlapping the shore line. Then I did a little bit of very light posterizing, and this is the result. I think it was worth the trouble because I would like to paint this scene, and this would make a good reference photo.

No comments: