Friday, December 30, 2011

Rising Sun Through Window Screen (Digital Woodcut)

I was looking through some of the images I have used in the past, and came across some photos that I took in 2008, pictures of the winter sunrise, seen through a screened window. I had already used the photo to create a posterized version, posted here December 23, 2008. But I thought it would be interesting to see what the image looked like as a digital woodcut. So tonight I opened the original photo in Painter, posterized it, cropped it, and adjusted the brightness. Then I applied the woodcut effect, adjusting the number of colors until I got enough yellow. I liked the way the woodcut effect emphasized the lines of the screen. So then I moved the image back into iPhoto where I straightened it and cropped it one more time to get this image.

No comments: