Saturday, January 21, 2012

Pink Flowers (Digital Pastel Day 3)

Tonight I went back to the digital drawing I have been working on (in Painter, on my Mac). I wanted to add some definition to the flowers. But I had cornered myself by creating flowers that seemed to have three petals. Even though I am working from my imagination, I wanted to do a little research so I Googled flowers with three petals, and found some. But in the end I decided to go with a shape that suggested a bud surrounded by opening petals. I drew a few lines on one of the flowers and decided I could make that work. Then I added highlights and shadows to the flowers and flowerpot, added a few more leaves, and put some soil into the flower pot. Then I spent some time cleaning up, straightening lines, etc. Finally, I cropped the image one more time. I think this is pretty much done, although no doubt I will find mistakes that I will want to fix.

No comments: