Sunday, April 08, 2012

Evening Light in Maine

Evening Light in Maine by randubnick
Evening Light in Maine, a photo by randubnick on Flickr.

This is another image from last weekend's trip to Maine. By the time we left Spruce Head Island, heading for home, it was early evening. The light was beautiful so I started taking pictures with my iPhone camera. This photo was taken around 6:45 PM, and according to iPhoto and Google Maps, this is the Sheepscott River near Wiscasset Maine. In the original photo, the side-view mirror and part of the car interior are visible (I was taking photos from the passenger's side) as well as the guard rails on the bridge. But I was concentrating on the light and this view. Tonight I used iPhoto to crop this image out of the original photo. I sharpened it just a tiny bit to compensate for the radical crop, but the colors are just as the image came out of the camera. I think this might make a good subject for a painting; it would certainly be a challenge. Although the composition is simple, the colors are very subtle.

No comments: