Sunday, April 22, 2012

Pink Dogwood (Posterized Photo)

I have a great view of pink dogwood out my window, and a few days ago, I stopped what I was doing to take some pictures. I liked the bright green of the trees leafing out contrasting with the beautiful flowers. Today I used Painter 12 to posterize and crop the original photo to get this image. I decided to post this for Earth Day. Sometimes the big questions are hard to think about, and it is easier to start with what is close at hand. When you look out your window, you are looking at the planet Earth! How is it doing where you are? How's the weather? Are the flowers blooming earlier than they did last year? Is there enough rain? Do you see bees buzzing around your flowers? It is easier to love the flowers out the window than to love the planet in the abstract, but really, it's the same thing.

No comments: