Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Beverly from Lynch Park (Digital Sketch)

Tonight I decided to sit down at the computer and do a fifteen minute drawing even though (especially because) I have been very busy lately, with more work on the way. Art every day is the motto here, and that helps to make it a priority and keeps my life in balance. So I opened a new file in Painter 12 and started drawing a scene from memory. This is a view of Beverly, MA, from the little cove in Lynch Park. I see this view often, and although no doubt many of the details are wrong, this is the view of the curving beach, rocks, and trees in the foreground, and the shoreline of Beverly's Dane Street Beach in the background. Well, I sketch for half and hour, rather than just fifteen minutes. Then I posterized the image, and here it is. Good practice, lots of fun, and a very short vacation at the beach.

No comments: