Friday, June 01, 2012

Climbing Roses at Long Hill

This is a photo that I took today at Long Hill Gardens, here in Beverly, MA. (This used to be a private estate, but now the house and grounds are owned by the Trustees of the Reservation.) As usually, I didn't think there was time for a walk at Long Hill: tight schedule, too much to do. I have learned that when I am thinking that way, it's a sure sign that I need a break! I am glad I went to Long Hill today because the weather was lovely and lots of flowers are blooming, especially roses. I saw these pink roses climbing up a little balcony, so I took a picture. I liked way the roses look against contrasting textures and patterns. Tonight I also used Painter 12 to create a version with a woodcut effect; I plan to post it here tomorrow.

No comments: