Saturday, August 11, 2012

Bouquet in Sunlight (Posterized)

On Thursday we went to Long Hill Gardens to pick up our veggies from the Food Project CSA (community supported agriculture). You can also pick your own cut flowers in a field right next to the Food Project. So on the way home, I had bags of vegetables in the back seat (and the dog), and my daughter's flowers in my cup holder. It was a very festive ride to back to her house. When I parked the car, the flowers looked great in the sunlight, so I took a few quick photos. Of course, I ended up getting a lot of the car interior, dashboard, the phone charger, etc. So tonight I opened this image in Painter and used digital pastel to simplify the background. The result was a little rough, but I still like it. Then I used this image to create a digital woodcut, which I plan to post here tomorrow.

No comments: