Monday, August 20, 2012

Front Seat Bouquet (Digital Print)

Yesterday I used Painter to create a pattern from a photo of a bouquet that was in the front seat of my car. (See the post from yesterday and the day before.) Tonight I decided to see how the pattern would work for a digital print. (This is something that I came up with on my own; I call the result digital prints because the process and the resulting images kind of remind me of mono printing.) Here's how it goes: I start a new image in Painter and pick a background color. Then the pattern pen as a marker and set the brush size as large as possible. In this case, I used the pattern I created last night. Then I make some strokes, trying to control where things go and to move in straight lines. This is the hard part. Then I posterize the result and sometimes add color overlays too. I thought this pattern might be tricky to use because of the combination of geometric lines and floral images, and I was right. I ended up using some color overlay to make the background color darker and make the composition more harmonious.

No comments: