Thursday, September 20, 2012

Front Seat Bouquet (Sept. 20) Digitally Edited and Posterized

Front Seat Bouquet (Sept. 20) Digitally Edited and Posterized by randubnick
Here's yet another photo of the bouquet my daughter picked today at "Field's of Flowers" at Long Hill Gardens in Beverly, MA.  I call these "front seat bouquets" because they catch a ride in my front seat cup holder. (The back seat is usually full, bags of produce from the CSA, also at Long Hill.) The colors were amazing, but when I to the image into my computer tonight, I could see a few stems and blossoms that I wanted to change a bit because they were blocking the view. (Photographing a bouquet is like taking pictures of the whole family.  You love all of them, but it's not easy to get a good shot of everyone at once.) So I opened the image in Painter and did a little work with digital pastel. Then I posterized the image and cropped it to get this composition.

No comments: