Tuesday, September 11, 2012

New York Skyline with Twin Towers (Digital Woodcut)

In July of 2001, we were in New York City, and looking for something new to explore. My cousin suggested a walk over the Brooklyn Bridge. Great idea and a chance to take some great pictures of the bridge and of the New York skyline. I didn't know that would be the last time I saw the twin towers standing. But sure enough, they were there in the background, and I have always been glad we took that walk. I have posted versions of this photo before. In fact, today's image began with a posterized photo that I posted here back on September 11, 2006. I enlarged the image and then cropped it to get only the skyline. Then I used some selective posterizing and applied a woodcut effect only to the buildings themselves.

No comments: