Saturday, September 22, 2012

On the Essex River

On the Essex River by randubnick
On the Essex River, a photo by randubnick on Flickr.
I took this picture from a boat on the Essex River. My daughter had invited me along on a little river cruise, a 90 minute ride from Essex out to the Atlantic Ocean. We expected clear skies and 70 degree weather, but it was overcast and cool when we set out. But sometimes the light can be interesting when skies are overcast. I took this picture shortly after we set out. This is a typical scene along the Essex River: salt marshes and a few houses. In this shot, I was also interested in the pattern of the waves, and the diagonal lines of the clouds. Tonight I used iPhoto to lighten the shadows a bit, and then cropped it to get this composition.

No comments: