Thursday, October 25, 2012

Autumn Field

Autumn Field by randubnick
Autumn Field, a photo by randubnick on Flickr.
Today we went to Long Hill Gardens to pick up our weekly share from The Food Project, our local CSA (community supported agriculture or farm share). Joining a CSA adds work: cramming too many zucchini into the fridge, cleaning and chopping vegetables, scouring recipe books for butternut squash recipes. But it makes cooking more of an adventure, makes me think about food differently, and when I stand in the field picking cherry tomatoes, I feel like a little kid on a field trip. But for me, it's always visual feast as well, seeing the colors and patterns in the fields. So I took this picture to try to capture a little of that. This was the last pick-up day of the season, so it is so long to the The Food Project, at least until May. But we are trying out a winter CSA at a local organic farm, and it starts in a couple of weeks.

No comments: