Friday, December 28, 2012

Big Kaleidoscope Blossom

Big Kaleidoscope Blossom by randubnick
Big Kaleidoscope Blossom, a photo by randubnick on Flickr.
Tonight i did another digital drawing in Painter 12's kaleidoscope mode. (The drawing surface is divided into six sections and whatever you draw in one section is replicated in the others.) I used digital pastel, started with one petal, and just kept going. I used the paint bucket tool to fill areas with color, but the paint bucket tool isn't replicated in kaleidoscope mode and so each area has to be filled one at a time. When I had finished, I kept looking at the image, thinking that something was wrong because the petals didn't look symmetrical. Then I realized that the shapes were symmetrical but that I had made errors with the paint bucket, so I had to revise. Is my computer smarter than I am? Guess so.

No comments: