Sunday, December 30, 2012

Colorado Drawings: Georgetown (Final Revised)

This is a revision of the drawing I posted here last night, called "Colorado Sketches: Georgetown (Final)". This is one of a series of drawings based on sketches I made during a trip to Colorado in the mid-1980s. This one is based on a sketch I made near Georgetown, Colorado, and I have made several attempts at it. Last night's version is the final attempt, but I did go back to it for some revision today. I am finally happy with the composition and basic color scheme, but this morning I adjusted the values in the panel on the left to make the shape of the mountain seem more continuous. I didn't change the rest of the colors, but the drawing looks different because I photographed it in morning light. This drawing is 5 x 8 inches (like the original sketch) and is done in pencil, colored pencil, colored conte crayon, and fine-line marker.

No comments: