Thursday, December 06, 2012

The Other Side of the Sunset (Digitally Modified and Posterized Photo)

Last night's post was a photo of the sunset, seen from Lynch Park, here in Beverly, MA. It was a great sunset! But the sky was beautiful in the other direction too, not the setting sun itself, but reflected light in the sky. So I took some pictures of that, too. But when I got some of those photos into my computer, I noticed that along with these beautiful clouds I had captured a lamppost and a volleyball net, a picnic table, and three innocent bystanders. Much of this wasn't noticeable until I tried to lighten the shadows, and then it was dead obvious. So I opened the image in Painter and used some cut and paste and digital pastel to clear the scene of all that. Then I did some selective posterizing, and cropped it in iPhoto to get this composition.

No comments: