Friday, January 11, 2013

Fabric Flowers and Vase (Day 3)

Today I went back to a project that I started back in the summer of 2008 while I was taking a fabric arts class at Red Brick Studios. I learned a lot of new techniques in the class, but this was one of my favorites, creating a collage or mosaic with cloth. (Day 1 was June 24, 2008 and Day 2 was July 5, but you can just search here for "Fabric flowers and Vase".) No sewing is required, just iron-on adhesive backing. I worked on this project once in class, and then did some more at home, but I ran out of fabric, ran out of adhesive backing, and ran out of steam. Since then, I bought more fabric and more special adhesive paper, but somehow never got around to it. Last week I was cleaning up my home studio and found the project and supplies in a bag. I decided it would make a nice project for January, when working over a hot iron is nice and cozy. Today I added the purple pieces toward the bottom of the image.

No comments: